Index - FAQ - Rechercher - Membres - Groupes - S’enregistrer - Messages Privés - Connexion
Tim Thomas

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    planetef00t Index du Forum -> Fifa12 -> Equipes
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
hongwei28

MessagePosté le: Ven 31 Aoû - 05:37 (2018)    Sujet du message: Tim Thomas Répondre en citant

Orlando Brown Jr. grew up in his father’s world. He hung out in NFL locker rooms. He learned the mentality required of a successful offensive lineman. He even began to value the college diploma his father never earned.
Now the massive Oklahoma tackle is about to enter a different universe Star Lotulelei Jersey , one in which he will be poked and prodded, measured and compared. And he will no doubt hear a litany of questions about his late, great, dear old dad.
”I don’t necessarily model my game after him,” Brown said Thursday at the NFL’s annual scouting combine in Indianapolis. ”I can’t really study dad because it’s a different game. So much has changed between 1993 and now.”
Make no mistake, the same traits Orlando ”Zeus” Brown used to carve out a more than decade-long career with the Cleveland Browns and Baltimore Ravens still work.
He was known as a tough, physical blocker who could steamroll anyone in his way.
The second-generation star still relies on power but understands he must be leaner and more athletic to succeed in today’s up-tempo, no-huddle track meets.
Still, he was born into the family business.
”I’ve been fat my whole life,” he said when asked if ever didn’t want to play on the line. ”I wish I was fast. If I was 6-foot-2, I’d probably be playing DB. But God blessed me.”
With dad’s genes.
Brown fins himself in good company this weekend. There are plenty of family ties around Indy.
Some, like Brown and running back Chris Warren III Samson Ebukam Jersey , are now playing their fathers’ positions.
Others have more recent ties – especially among the linemen.
The brother of Michigan State’s Brian Allen, Jack, has played the last two seasons with the New Orleans Saint The brother of UCLA’s Scott Quessenberry, David, suited up for the Houston Texans last December after waging a long battle with non-Hodgkins lymphoma.
Notre Dame offensive lineman Mike McGlinchey even claimed to try catching passes from cousin Matt Ryan of the Atlanta Falcons.
”We went out and he started throwing passes to me and the balls were going over my head every time,” said McGlinchey, a high school tight end at the time. ”I said `What are you doing? He said `That’s where Julio (Jones) usually is. I told him, `Ok, I’m not that guy.”’
Nobody has a bigger legacy to fulfill than Brown.
He described his play that first season in Norman, Oklahoma, as ”really bad.”
Since then, there have been few complaints.
Brown started 40 consecutive games for the Sooners and was twice named an All-American. He insisted he wouldn’t leave school until he had a first-round projection.
At 6-8 Nick Bellore Jersey , 360 pounds, Brown could be one of the biggest players chosen in this class.
The problem: He did only 14 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press, the lowest total of any lineman who has lifted at the combine.
Brown knows it’s a problem that must be corrected at his pro day and the stigma could stick with him through the end of April.
”I didn’t stick to my breathing routine,” he said. ”That’s the lowest number I’ve done.”
But Brown has repeatedly demonstrated his strength on and off the field.
When his father died from diabetic ketoacidosis in September 2011, the grieving son’s academics suffered.
Things deteriorated so much the University of Tennessee pulled a scholarship offer.
Then, Brown woke up.
”I made up my mind to not ever let academics be a problem again,” he said.
It hasn’t been.
Yet with so much at stake over the next three months, Brown must show that he’s more than just a big, passionate player who enjoys studying the game and the history of it.
He must carve out his own identity in this new football world.
”I think my biggest asset is my football I.Q. I understand the game, I understand the NFL, I understand what it takes,” Brown said. ”I’ve always loved football and the personnel part and I learned a lot by growing up around it.”
Note: Army offensive lineman Brett Toth said he has applied for a waiver to enter the NFL but has not yet been given any assurance it will be granted by draft weekend. ”I hear occasionally they’ve been talking about it. But they have other things far more important than me. They’ve got to worry about the whole Middle East.”

Add LSU's Danny Etling to the list of quarterbacks drafted by the New England Patriots since they took Tom Brady 18 years ago.
As a seventh-round pick Charles Haley Jersey , odds favor him joining the previous eight who didn't replace the franchise icon set to turn 41 this summer.
Still, director of player personnel Nick Caserio figured there was a decent chance the Patriots would add someone to Brady's room during a busy draft that featured nine picks and 10 trades over three days a year after New England made just four selections.
"We knew we were going to add to a quarterback to our team at some point," Caserio said after the draft ended Saturday. "We think Danny has some decent traits and decent qualities to work with."
New England used the draft's final day to fill a handful of needs on both sides of the ball and gained three picks for next season, including a third-rounder from Detroit. As of the draft's conclusion, New England holds 12 picks for 2019.
"Busy weekend and a lot of effort from a lot of people," Caserio said. "This is not a one-man show. This is a team effort and embodies what this program is about ... putting the team first and doing your job."
After making six trades during the first four rounds, the Patriots addressed the linebacker spot with their first two picks Saturday. New England took Purdue's Ja'Whaun Bentley with the 143rd overall pick in the fifth round and Arizona State's Christian Sam in the sixth (No. 178).
The Patriots then shifted to offense, taking Miami slot wide receiver Braxton Berrios at No. 210 in the sixth following by Etling with the 219th choice. New England also took Western Carolina defensive back Keion Crossen (No. 243) and Florida State tight end Ryan Izzo (No. 250) in the seventh round.
Etling will join Brady and backup Brian Hoyer on the depth chart after throwing for 2,463 yards, 16 touchdowns and two interceptions last season.
"I don't have any expectations other than going in and learning as much information as you can and preparing for your chance when it comes," Etling said. "You just want to watch a guy who's so great and know how he does it."
Etling spent his freshman and sophomore years at Purdue and was a teammate and close friend of Bentley.
Here are some other things to know about the Patriots' draft:
ANOTHER BOILERMAKER: A three-time captain at Purdue, Bentley follows a line of Purdue linebackers under coach Bill Belichick. Rosevelt Colvin played in New England for six seasons (2003-08) and Rob Ninkovich retired before the start of training camp last year after eight seasons.
REPUTATION DEFENDER: Sam tried to discount an NFL profile that suggested he doesn't like to practice.
"Everyone has their own opinion and it's something I can't control Jadeveon Clowney Jersey , but I felt that wasn't true," Sam said. "I'm a guy who takes pride in practice because I know how big it is to prepare so you can play at a high level."
The Texas native played cornerback until his junior year of high school and was a special teams player for the Sun Devils.
IN THE SLOT: The loss of receiver Danny Amendola to AFC East-rival Miami goes beyond the departure of one of Brady's most-trusted targets. It also created the need for a punt returner that was addressed with the drafting of Berrios. In four years at Miami, Berrios averaged 10.4 yards on punt returns.
"I absolutely love it. There's something about it that gives you an adrenaline rush," the 5-9, 183-pound Berrios said.
STILL NEED: Etling will compete for a roster spot, yet it would appear the Patriots are comfortable with the idea of finding Brady's potential replacement next year, especially with two second-round picks and three third-rounders. Even with the additions of Bentley and Sam, New England figures to remain active for linebacker help.
 Adidas Jonathan Drouin Jersey ,

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Ven 31 Aoû - 05:37 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    planetef00t Index du Forum -> Fifa12 -> Equipes Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation